"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Friday, March 3, 2017

Shifting priorities

When working on commissioned quilts along with stuff for myself priorities often shift and now is one of those times.

I'm still working on the Teddy Bear quilt, but don't have a due date since I'm waiting on payment.  So while I still continue to work on it, I'm also starting to work on a lap quilt that has been commissioned by a high school friend for another long time friend of both of ours who is going some tough times right now.  She wanted to pay for it, so I'm charging only for the materials.

It is to be heart blocks with all in reds, and with one blue block.   In my stash of orphan blocks I hold onto things like leftover strip sets for just times like this.    I've got all of these prepped with wonder-under ironed on and am waiting for them to cool.  After supper I'll start tracing hearts onto the paper and then cut them out.  I need 41 red heart blocks, and will be cutting 6", 4", and 3" hearts out of what is here.   Once all this is cut up then I'll go onto my scrap bags to see what else I can find for the quilt.

I'll be making 10" finished blocks, with a 3" border around it.   Haven't decided what I'll do for the border, maybe a piano key of scrappy reds.   I'll be using various WOW's for the block backgrounds.

Am hoping to get a bunch of the blocks done this weekend, along with another teddy bear or two.

Now if I can only remember where I put my templates......

Gratitudes:
1. Being able to make something that will bring comfort to a friend.

2. It's the weekend and I can sew all I want!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you remember, because she's not in business any more! I know where mine are, wanna borrow them? LOL Those will be great hearts. Have fun!