"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Friday, March 3, 2017

Distractions and Inspiration

I admit it - I get bored easily and when I do I tend to get distracted.  Making the same block over and over is one sure way for me to end up bored.   I finished off the remaining 11 setting blocks for the teddy bear commissioned quilt earlier this week.   The block I'm using for 2/3's of the setting blocks (you can see it here) is an easy block, which in large quantities gets boring to make.  Just changing the fabrics being used isn't enough to make it fun for me, but it does help.   Don't have a pic of the remaining blocks at this point.

As a result of wanting a change for the moment, I ended up drawing up a new block pattern in an origami series of block.  First two are shown in this post.  This latest one is of an origami flamingo.

The bird is made from just a couple of pieces of my scraps.  Finished block will be 9" by 9".  I do plan on writing up a pattern for this and posting on my Craftsy page.

This weekend I'll be back at work on finishing up the remaining 5 teddy bear blocks needed for the commissioned quilt.   And I'll be headed to the Dallas Quilt Show on Saturday morning.  The theme of the show is Charm Quilts.  There should be lots of inspiration for me there.  =)

I'm also hoping to get a couple more block patterns written and ready to be released.  Time will tell if I can manage that.

Gratitudes:

1. Fun times with friends.

2. The inspiration that is all around me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your extemporaneous bird!