"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

More Setting Choices


More options for the alternating blocks to go with the military bears.

Both are simple blocks, thereby allowing the bears to take center stage.

I'm leaning towards one of these with a calmer palette of colors.  Probably with a darker blue than the background and maybe gold in addition.

I kind of like the bottom one the best, and might play with the blocks a bit before making a final decision.  The thing that is a wee bit nerve-wracking with it for me it that there is a lot of open space for quilting and that is not my strength.  Decisions, decisions, decisions.....

What do you think?

No matter which I pick for my blocks, I'll most likely give the possibility of several layouts in the pattern so that anyone who buys it can make their own choice in how to set it.



Gratitudes:
1. Making progress on last minute assignment at work today

2. Weather might be cooling down by the weekend

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With the top one, straight diagonal cross-hatching, not too close together, would look lovely. With the bottom one, you can echo the star points or maybe have ghost stars mirrored on the half of the block that isn't pieced. That's all straight lines, and can be done with a walking foot, too. You can slowly sew them, and draw lines to stitch on, if you need to. Ether of these would be great settings.