"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Weekend doings

Progress this weekend included finishing up three new teddy bear blocks.   All of them will be new patterns, the two military ones though will not only have individual patterns but also one or more quilt patterns containing all of the blocks.

The first military block is Clark, and he is in the Army.













The second of five planned military blocks, is Jerry and he is in the Marines.   Still to come is the Navy, Coast Guard and Air Force.




















The final Teddy bear block for this weekend is Sherry.   She out walking one of her dogs, and is looking good in her tunic and leggings.   She's sporting a new purse and a stylish headband.

 The final thing I've made progress on this weekend was getting the top 3 rows sewn together for this commissioned quilt.   And I've already got a quilting plan in mind for the quilt.....woohoo.   that is where I usually struggle.

Gratitudes:
1.  Fall is here even if the temps are still saying summertime.

2. The bills are paid!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Very cool blocks! I really like the Marine one cause my dad was in the Marines. The girl bear is so very cute also! I like them all!! Enjoy your day!

Anonymous said...

Great new bear blocks. I like the layout you have going on the commission quilt, too.