"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Friday, June 1, 2018

Making Lemonade from Contrariness



I had been wanting to make myself a 'painting' to help keep me focused as I work to lose weight and get healthier.   A friend from church had made me a wall art stencil that I was going to use on a canvas that I would then embellish...........well things don't always do don't quite work out.....

It ended up with the stencil not wanting to stay attached to the canvas.   So  changed plans....I ended up positioning the words on the canvas and then painted over them with a green acrylic paint. 









Once the paint was dry, I pulled off the words, and was left with the lettering being white. 












Once that was done, I then took a black marker and colored in the words and ended up with this.  I've also finished painting the canvas green.  At some point after I move I'll add flowers to the canvas in the same manner as what I've done for paying off my bills (and now I need a new one for the house!). 






Current progress in paying down the bills......I'm getting closer on some of them!

Gratitudes:
1. Hives are better with the high dosage of anti-histamines.

2. I move in one week..........yippee!

4 comments:

Jo said...

Prayer helps with the healthy regimen! Great idea to make a motivational painting.

I am just getting refocused on diet and exercise here, and am seeing signs of progress: more energy, more clothes are fitting comfortably. I know I can't achieve temperence in my eating habits without God's help.

Susan said...

I like your solution. That's going to be lovely. I also like the colors filled in on the debt posters!

Suze said...

I adore the canvas. At first I thought it was on fabric. That (and other versus) would make great blocks for a quilt - just put them amid other pretty fabric or pieced blocks. This is not a verse with which I am not familiar. It would also make nice embroidery. Great job!
Susan

Farm Quilter said...

Hives are horrible!! Hate that itch until you bruise yourself or make yourself bleed. ONE. MORE. WEEK!!!!! So very excited for you and know that you will be feeling overwhelmed with all the last minute things you need to do. Remember to ask for help when you need it and bless someone else (cuz you know how good it feels to be able to help someone out). My monitor must be weird on color because your wonderful painting looks grey, maroon and lavender. Love the verse, totally true!!