"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Thursday, June 14, 2018

ScrapHappy June 2018

The past three weeks have been filled with the stress of moving, and of course, with that comes having to pack everything up.  And one of the things I had to do was to get all the bags of scraps back into the two totes where they normally reside.  Several of these had migrated to the sewing area of where I was living where I had left them instead of putting them back after pulling fabrics from them.

Well when I went to put everything away I found that I had more than would fit, so I ended up pulling on bag to work on using over the three weeks.  This particular bag was filled with strips and strings of various sizes, widths and colors.  Here is what the pile looked like before I started sewing with them.

I first sorted them by color, ending with with piles in reds/pinks, blues/purples, greens, cream background prints, and yellows/golds/oranges.



After my sewing over the last 10 days or so I've sewn up all but the latter two groups.  Pinks and reds were first up.




















Blues and purples were next up.





















The greens were the final color grouping that I was able to get sewn together. 

The yellows/golds/oranges will be my next ones to work with.

I have an idea of what I might do with them, but nothing is set in stone at this point.   And i'm not sure when I'll get to work on them again because I've got several pressing projects coming up.


Gratitudes:
1. Things are slowly finding a place in the house.

2. I'm slowly finding the things that have seemed to go awol in the move....lol.




2 comments:

Kate Chiconi said...

I especially love the pinks and blues. The pieces will talk to you soon, and let you know what they want to be... or at least, that's how it works with me!

Susan said...

I'm not surprised you have so many blues, but the lack of greens does surprise me!