"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Friday, June 22, 2018

Sewing Again!

I've finally gotten things arranged / unpacked enough that I can think about doing some starting to quilt again. 

Since I still haven't found the missing materials for the projects I need to work on I've started picking up row-by-row patterns for this year.  This is the first one and I got it at Rockin Bobbin here in Dallas.  Everything is fused down, I just need to dig out the threads I need to do the stitching on it.

I'm playing hooky for a few hrs this weekend to row-hop and pick up more of the rows.   Should have enough of them by the end of the weekend to make a quilt to turn in.
The larger totes minus the ones that have FQ's or fancy (silks, linens) fabrics in them.    The left hand side of the room that can barely be seen has multiple stacks of the smaller totes and 7 xerox boxes of stuff that needs to be gone through and dealt with.   Hopefully the stuff I'm missing is in one of them!
West wall of the fabric room.  41 xerox boxes of yardage along that wall....
The closet that is full of batting.........and yes I have one box of batting that doesn't fit in there.....gotta use some of it up!


Two drawing/paintings that I've been able to hang up once again.  The left one is from my time in Boston, and the one on the right is the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem.   I bought it when I was on a tour of the Holy Land and then framed it once I got home.







Found a place for my ironing board!  I've got it set up between the second desk shown here and the bakers rack that holds my spice racks and cookbooks.   I pull it out to use, and then push it back to the wall to tuck it out of the way.
Metal wall decor from Hobby Lobby and mini-clothes pins from Michaels.  I'll be using this to hold the pics of friends and family that I get through out the year. 
And the first decorative piece for my kitchen, with one of my life verses on it.  This also came from Hobby Lobby - that place could be dangerous to my pocket book!

7 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, yes, I try not to go into Hobby Lobby with a debit card! Your house is starting to look like a home. I'm actually amazed to see that you HAVE whittled down your fabric in the last few years. There was more of it in Phoenix and Indiana both! Still plenty, though. =)

Susan said...

P. S. I love the little bird block. Adorable!

Moira said...

test comment

Moira said...

Testing to see if comment notificaton works again.

Farm Quilter said...

You have some serious totes of fabric! I can't store mine that way - if I don't see it, it doesn't exist!! Yay for finding some sewing time and for figuring out the perfect place for your ironing board!

e said...

You are settling in nicely. I love all the space you have for fabric and supplies. I love the verse from Jeremiah too. I'm going to have to go back and look for that at my hobby lobby.

e said...

You are settling in nicely. I love all the space you have for fabric and supplies. I love the verse from Jeremiah too. I'm going to have to go back and look for that at my hobby lobby.