"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, June 24, 2018

Row-by-row 2018, part 1

The first weekend of the 2018 row-by-row is over and I've made it to 9 shops.   Not all of these rows will make it into the quilt so I'll still need to pick up a few more in order to finish off my quilt.

First stop was Rockin Bobbin in Dallas.  This shop is one of the two that are closest to where I work.  Picked up the row pattern and have this one made except for the button eye.  Both FQ's will be used to make blocks for the F2F swap that I'm in.


Next up was Sew Let's Quilt It in Dallas.    Neutrals (remnants), a black tonal, and a grey for the same swap that the two above will be used for were my purchases here.


Their Row pattern


Best of Bernina was the next stop on the trek Friday.  Found three neutral FQ's in the sale bin.   They were in the midst of retesting their pattern so it was not ready for those that stopped in.   It is supposed to be coming by email at some point.


The third stop on Friday was at Fabric Fanatics in Plano.  the store is located in a business park, but is roomy and filled with only batik fabrics.  A wonderful selection and I always drool when I go there.  I picked up the row pattern, a ruler and a stack of quilting themed sticky notes for a steal of a price.   And believe it or not - NO fabric was bought at this store!


And to make up for no fabric at the last store, I found several black tonal fabrics at Stitched With Love in McKinney.  I also picked up their free row pattern.


And the final stop on Friday was Not Your Mama's Quilt Shop in Plano.   It's a real cute little shop and the owner is a sweetheart.  I picked up a fall panel there, a black tonal batik, and their row pattern.  One of the panels is planed for a Christmas gift, and one for me for the Fall season.


Gratitudes:

1. A holiday is coming up

2. Good coworkers

1 comment:

Susan said...

Cute, cute rows down in Texas! Some great buys, too. I'm surprised there's a shop without a finished pattern, AND that it's a Bernina shop!