"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Hands 2 Help

Because I know that God has richly blessed me, I try to share those blessings in various ways.  One of the ways I do is in the quilt tops that I make and send off to Sunshine Quilts and American Hero Quilts.

This year I've also signed up to make a quilt for Hands 2 Help.  You can read more about it here.

I've oodles of quilt tops that have been done forever w/o homes to go to.   I've pulled this one that I think will make up into a lovely quilt for Em's Scrap Bag.   they give quilts to people going thru chemo.  And having been there - done that twice now this is something that I can identify with.

I haven't got a clue how long I've had this made, but I do know it started with the border print fabric and grew from there.

I hope to start the quilting in the next week or two.

Gratitudes:
1. No rain this weekend when I made my drive to Austin

2. Found the fabrics for the row I'm designing.

4 comments:

Danice G said...

Wow, very pretty quilt top. Hands 2 Help is such a great cause. I am also participating again this year :)

Anonymous said...

It's a great quilt! Someone will be comforted by the spring-like tone of it. I still have to gather blocks!

Moira said...

Thanks Danice! This is my first year and i'm looking forward to it.

sewspeciallady said...

Wonderful soft color quilt- Love it. Thank you for blessing others.