"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, April 24, 2017

Weekend Progress

Had a list of things that needed to be done or worked on this weekend.  And got most of them accomplished or at least good progress made.

First up to be worked on were the final blocks for the commissioned teddy bear quilt.  Made the last 9 blocks - 8 setting blocks (no pic of them) and the final teddy bear block.   Also tweaked the #11 block by adding a candy cane for Nicholas to be holding.

I then started to layout the blocks so that I could see how it was going to look.   I need to figure out where I can lay it out in full.....I don't have the floor space for sure!

Next up was completing the stitching on the pile of swan blocks that I have been working on for a couple of days.   They are now done, and i'm ready to pull more thread out this evening for the remaining blocks.

The last thing that I did was to put together a quilt top for a belated baby gift.  The baby's room is decorated in an Arizona theme, so I'm hoping that they'll like the quilt.  Still is to find a backing that will work and then get it pinned so that I can quilt it.

Gratitudes:
1. The active shooter situation here in Dallas was not in the buildings where I work (altho it was only 1/2 mile away)

2. Warmer temps are on the way.



3 comments:

Farm Quilter said...

Also grateful that the active shooter wasn't in your building!!! You are making great progress on all your current projects! Your applique is amazing - one thing I only do using fusible and my sewing machine (I can't abide hand work)!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are still in one piece. I'm out of the news loop. They caught him? I really like these last two bears. Your other projects are coming along so nicely, too.

Anonymous said...

And yep, needed that candy cane!