"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

They Don't All Work.....

Last week someone asked me how I choose which blocks that were not going to end up in a quilt that they were made for.

This block is one of the ones that won't make it into the commissioned origami swan quilt that I'm currently working on because of several problems.

The first, and biggest issue to me, is that the plaid fabric that I used for the underneath piece on the right side just shows through the upper yellow print too much (it looks worse in real life).  And yes I'm picky!

the second issue is that pieces slipped when I was fusing them down  - see the circled areas in the upper photo.  Net result is that the block doesn't have the same look as the others that I've been making.

And while I thought about just tossing the block, I did decide to finish it and put it with several other orphan blocks that are in yellow/black.   So it will eventually end up in a quilt  that will go to Sunshine Quilts.

Gratitudes:
1.  For friends who encourage me to be the best that I can be.

2. For the fun that I have in designing and creating.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Children won't care. It's still a cute block.