"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Goals for the next couple of weeks -

Time sure is flying by this year.  I have several projects in various stages of the process that need to be completed over the next week or two.


1st -

Finishing my row-by-row quilt.  The top is complete for this, next steps include the following:

             -- piece backing (pulled), layer and quilt it
             -- bind it
             -- turn it in somewhere.

2nd -

I have three blocks I need to get for made for this years F2F swap.  July's color inspiration is this collection of blue & white vases.  The recipient has requested - blue and whites, with the blues ranging from Navy to cobalt to light blues.   Have two patterns in mind, just need to pull fabrics from stash for them and decide on a third pattern.










3rd -

Get the sample block made for my August BOM (already designed).   Just need to pull fabrics and make the block.




4th-

A secret project that will be revealed in September during the "My Happy Place" blog hop hosted by Marian.

   -- this is fused.   Next step is to layer and quilt it and then bind.  Followed by finishing the pattern for it so that I'm ready for the row hop.









5th -

Figure out how to best us this strip of squares left after cutting out the blocks I needed for the dance floor of one of the rows for the row-by-row quilt.  There were actually two strips but I sewed them together along the straight edges.

And then through all of this I need to continue to make progress in getting stuff done around the house so that I can get my quilt frame set up - hopefully this week sometime!


Gratitudes:

1.  For having gotten my rental deposit back from the last place I lived.....I've needed it since payday is almost 10 days late.

2. For a "cooling" trend here in N. TX - only supposed to be "99" instead of the 114 it was on Saturday!



4 comments:

Karrin Hurd said...

Love those blue and white vases! Glad you got your deposit back just in time . Our 104 today and 108 tomorrow I guess is still cooler than you

Farm Quilter said...

You have certainly been baking in Texas!! You certainly have been productive despite the heat. Interesting strip to deal with...could you trim it to create a strip of HSTs and then put the resulting triangles together to make even more HSTs??

Farm Quilter said...

I take that back, the first trim would create rectangles, but you could still do it - it would make a fun strip to enlarge a backing for a quilt!

Susan said...

I will have to look back at what I did with mine a couple of years ago. No need to waste it, definitely! I like that there is a variety of things to do - keeps boredom at bay. I hope you enjoyed your WFH day today! Hope those paychecks really do show up this week. And you get your machine set up. That would be awesome!