"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Thursday, March 7, 2019

Improv Quilt Progress

The quilt top is together (albeit not pressed yet.....lol) and ready for borders.


I decided to use 1" finished sashing between the blocks so that the blocks would float in the final quilt layout. 

Next up adding borders -
Border 1 will be a 1" finished WOW border to match the sashing.

Border 2 will be about 6" finished in with and will made of improv pieced sections that are goinf to be made from some orphan lime green strips sets.  I'll be adding orange and yellow to them.  These improv sections will be set with more WOW to finish them. 


Gratitudes:

1. Dallas Quilt Show is this weekend, should be fun time.....now to make sure I charge my camera battery.  =)

2. Weather is warming up for the weekend before it turns cold again next week.

2 comments:

Farm Quilter said...

Looking good!! I'm looking forward to seeing the borders on the quilt. Have fun at the quilt show!!

Susan said...

It looks great, and that wide border is going to make it even better!