"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Thursday, March 14, 2019

Scrap Happy March 2019

I've oodles of "made" fabric from strings, most of which at this point are larger pieces.   Have been trying to figure out what to do with them.....

this month I decided to make a test block with some of them for a new block I'd drawn up.   I'm still thinking about whether I like it or not.....lol.    this is a 15" finished block and was paper=pieced.

What do you think of the block?












And the scraps that were cut off as I trimmed up the block sections have gone into these three postcards that I have in process.

Check out what the others have done with their scraps this month -
KateGun, TittiHeléneEvaSue, Nanette, Lynn, Lynda, Birthe, Turid, Susan, Cathy, Debbierose, Tracy, Jill, Claire, JanKaren, Moira (me),  SandraLindaChrisNancyAlysKerryClaireJeanJohanna,
Joanne, Jon, HayleyDawnGwen and Connie


Gratitudes:

1. Knee is slowly healing

2. The broken branches on the tree in front of the house haven't fallen on the house.

6 comments:

Lynne Stucke said...

I love it!

tialys said...

15 inches is a nice big block - have you plans for it?
I quite like the idea of quilty postcards, I must give it a try one of these days. I've been trawling back through all your posts with 'quilted postcards' in the text to see how you do them.

Farm Quilter said...

I really like your block and I'm interested to see how you use it in a quilt!

Susan said...

I like the block, and I would make it, but you know I'd never paper piece it! =)

Kate Chiconi said...

I like the block too, but for myself I'd probably have made a scrappy centre, used something fussy cut for it or maybe made the outer square on point a bit chunkier as I find the pale centre panel a bit 'empty'. It's cute, though, and a great use of scraps!

Nanette said...

Love the colours in your big block, like Kate, I'd probably "do something" in the centre. Look forward to seeing your scrappy postcards.