"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Goodies in the Mail


 

As I've been working on my snail quilt shown below, I've been using orphan blocks both for the shells of the snails and for filler blocks and sections of the quilt.

One plus to this is I've been making a lot of progress in using up all of the orphans I've accumulated.  However, I'm only about a third of the way finished with the quilt and am running out of blocks to use.


Friends though have come to the rescue.  =)  My friend Susan sent me these two blocks for snail shells.





And my friend Red sent me this stack of blocks in 6" and 3" finished sizes to use as filler blocks for my quilt.   There are friendship stars, 9-patches, churn dashes and signature blocks.  All made by quilt friends from an online group that I've been a part of for over 20 yrs now.   Some of these gals are no longer alive, so the signature blocks bring back memories or wonderful times spent together.

Gratitudes:

1. Quilt friends near and far, new and old

2. Dry weather at the moment

1 comment:

Susan said...

Funny, I could have sworn I took that white off the star. In fact, I'm sure I sewed it into green log cabins for the furrows quilt last weekend! LOL