"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Scrap Happy May

This month my scrappy work had me working with what had originally started out to be crazy-quilted cell phone pouches that had languished for several years.   I trimmed them to a common size (6" by 6.5") and then fused them to the pellon fusible that I use in my quilted postcards.   I've finished the embellishment of the five. 

All total there are 36 different fabrics, 12 different trims (also scraps/remnants), 5 lace motifs, 1 jewelry pendent and 4 different scrapbook sayings.

All that is left is fusing the backing onto them and then doing the satin-stitching around the outside of the cards.





Saying reads -

Know in your heart you are loved




















Saying reads -
     Capture Life's Moments




 Saying says -

Always be on the lookout of the presence of wonder















Saying says =

No beauty shines brighter than that of a good heart






Gratitudes:

1. Almost all of the bills that I've got at this point are paid - a good thing since getting paid tomorrow is not likely to happen.

2. For fans in the house when the budget says not to turn on the AC.

4 comments:

Kate Chiconi said...

Really pretty! My particular favourite is the green one with the dragonfly :-)

Karrin Hurd said...

Love your sayings. I need to finish up more of my CQ UFOS

Susan said...

Very pretty, and great sayings. I'm itching to put stitching on them. LOL But I do have plenty of my own to do.

juselig@cox.net said...

The ribbons, laces, bits add so much to make a functional product so pretty!