"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, May 20, 2019

UFO Weekend results

Finished up 5 quilted postcards which I forgot to take a picture of in their finished form...oops..... Next up was evening out the right edge of the first third or so of my snail quilt which I don't have a pic of (notice a recurring theme here?).   Width of the quilt right now without border is about 72".


Then made two  snail blocks from Orphan UFO blocks that were sent to me by a longtime quilting friend.   All added fabrics were from scraps or remnants.

These were all 6" finished swap blocks from swaps years ago on a now defunct email list (IQ).  The first snail was made with four 6" finished friendship star blocks
Shell of this snail was made from nine 6" finished 9-patches from a long ago swap from the same email list as above.












Start of the middle third of the quilt with two 12" tall snails and one that is 18" tall.  This may still get one more 6" or 9" tall row on the bottom of it yet.

The filler blocks underneath the large snail are signature blocks that were sent to me by the friend who sent the other orphan/UFO blocks.  These were from a get-together back in 2002 with the IQ group of quilting friends.  Don't remember where this GT was held, but it is fun to remember friends that are either no longer alive or no longer heard from.

And the final project I worked on was getting the quilting underway on my Riley Blake challenge quilt.  The background on one side of the circles is done (shown here).   And I've started on the other side of the circles. 

The design for the quilting continues to evolve and at the moment, I'm going to echo in quilting the circles on the other side of the quilt from the applique.  And then fill in around that with the echo quilting like shown here.

Gratitudes:

1. While the storm on Saturday had  winds so high that the rain was going sideways, there was no damage to my house.  (Altho I did have to wait out the first wave inside Wally World.)

2. For God's hand of protection with the severe storm front that is due to go through the NE Tx area today and tomorrow.


1 comment:

Susan said...

Amen on gratitude for the Lord's protection. Those storms can be awful! It looks like a productive UFO weekend!