"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, August 20, 2018

A Finish And Going To Extremes


Finished this UFO this weekend.  And it's off in the mail this afternoon to it's new home. 

Stats -
41" square

60+ different fabrics

This was the 2nd project made from bonus triangles and scraps from a wedding quilt made several yrs ago.



Finished off these 9 blocks.  They finished out at 15" because that is the size ruler that I have.   The teddy bears are from a panel that I won from a blog posting.  The fabrics used to bring them all up to a common size are all scraps and used most of the light blues that I had in my scraps.   Trimmings off each block were used to make other blocks so very little went into the trash as I worked.

Light blue is definitely something I don't have a lot of, and what is left is almost totally in the turquoise range now. 

I will be adding a narrow sashing between the blocks in a medium blue I think.  Probably cut at either 1.25" or 1.5".  Then I have one panel  to make to go between two of the rows with some applique on it before i start putting it together.   I'm planning on a small border of the same fabric as the whatever I use for the sashing.

And for a complete change of scale. I made these quarter-square triangle blocks from bonus WOW triangles and blue scraps.   These are 1.5" unfinished and will be featured in the next teddy bear BOM.   Any guesses as to what she'll be doing?

I also managed to get the binding sewn onto two other  projects but no pics of them.

Gratitudes:
1. For my face not hurting now that the storm front going through the area yesterday..

2. For the rain from the storms over the weekend

No comments: