"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Winnng and a new beginning

2 wks ago I won this partial panel from Melissa who blocks at Pack Rat With a Plan.     I'd swear I had this one in the past, and who knows I may still have it hidden somewhere. 

The first step in putting these bears into a quilt was to cut the bears apart.  That gave me 10 of them, I'll use 9 of them (the 5 large and 4 of the small ones) in the finished quilt. 















My current plan is to work with the bears in a free-form, scrappy log cabin type of block.  Because of the way the panel was printed, the sides of the bears aren't straight as cut.  So a touch of the bears might end up cut off with the sewing.  I'm planning on making a dent in the lighter colored blues that I have in my scrap stash.   Might go into the medium blues depending on how far the lights go (not a lot of them) or see what I've got in the way of light colored FQ's.

I'm planning on trimming the blocks to a consistent size using my 15" ruler.    The block on the right is the first finished block and gives the idea what I'm looking to do with all of them.

Gratitudes:
1. For other bloggers who share their stash.

2. for having a stash of scraps to play with as I work on various quilts.

No comments: