"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Thursday, July 25, 2019

And the reason why.....

....my scrap bins never seem to go down......would be because I can almost never seem to resist buying more yummy scraps.

Bags as I had them filled.  The 2 left-most bags on the bottom row are filled with strips cut for kits that were never used. 

These were for a QuiltWorx kit and are for two sections of the same pp'd block.  Unfortunately the patterns are in only one of the bags......however, I have figured out how to deal with that issue so that I can make an adapted version of the blocks.

Should be able to make at least a wall-hanging or table topper sized quilt from these two bags.
Fabrics as unpacked covering the top of my cutting table.  If you look at the top row, second pile of fabric from the right ( the pile with the oranges, reds, yellow and greens) - that is large scraps, strips, and a little yardage in matching fabrics to those kit leftovers from above.  they will go some where in that same quilt.

The triangles in the upper right will be a second quilt top.  There are enough of them for at least a baby quilt from them.  Or a good sized lap quilt if I added a background to them.  Got lots of dk cream TOT background squares, some purple batik yardage that had been for binding (2 - 1/2 yd pieces), other large batik scraps and some patriotic scraps.

Lots of yummy stuff that now needs to be packed away......

Gratitudes:
1. For knowing that there will be a way forward even when I don't see how things will improve

2. For the cooler temps the last couple of days

1 comment:

Susan said...

Those are just the yummiest colors! What a terrific haul you made.