"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, July 1, 2019

Row-by-row 2019 Progress #2

Another of this years rows has been completed and assembly of the top half of my quilt has commenced.

First up - the 4th row completed is this one from Stitchin' Heaven in Mineola, Tx.  The original pattern used a fabric panel which I didn't realize until I got home and read the pattern.     I used a black-on-black and a WOW fabrics to make the row.   The lettering was done with a fabric paint pen..  I think the block has the feel of a blackboard in some one's kitchen.  I like how it turned out.


I have the first 4 rows completed sewn together.  The open area will filled in with a checkerboard section made with 1.5" finished squares of dotted teal and a WOW.  Strip sets have been made so this is in the works.  Buttons also need to be sewn onto the watermelon (for seeds) and the ice cream shakes (cherries on top).

Gratitudes:

1. Thankful that the lightning (and resulting thunder clap) that apparently hit the transformer behind the neighbor's house did only minor damage, even tho it scared the you-know-what out of me when it struck.

2. For having made it home before the storm hit on Saturday afternoon.


2 comments:

Susan said...

Awesome group of rows! I love your plan. I'm grateful there was no damage to either your house or the neighbors' or other neighbors' houses. That is a miracle, I think. Lightning can be very destructive, and fire even worse.

e said...

I love your row by rows. How fun. I need to get out there and start collecting!!