"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

More commissions coming

Coming not too far in the future is another commission.   This will be a bittersweet one because it's for my adopted niece.   Her FIL is fading fast from the effects of brain cancer, and she has commissioned me to make 12 memory teddy bears for all of the grand-kids from his shirts. 

I had one teddy pattern that has 4 pieces to it (left hand one) and ordered an older one that has two pieces (one on the right).   One of these two patterns will be used for the bears. 

To help figure out which one it will be, I  plan on buying a men's shirt from a second-hand store and then making a sample up.  This will let me know if it's possible to get it out of a shirt and how long it'll take me to make one along with materials needed.   Once the sample is done I can then quote the project.

While I don't like the reason for the project, I'm happy to know that I'll be able to give a little bit of comfort with my sewing skills.

If I have enough left over, then I'm thinking I'll put the scraps together into a quilt for my niece's MIL as an extra blessing for the family.

Gratitudes -

1. for getting the name of an ortho doc since I just did something again to my injured knee and it's hurting like crazy at the moment.

2. for ibuprofen and the help it hopefully will give in controlling the pain.


1 comment:

Susan said...

An XL long sleeved men's shirt yields about a yard or a little more, without cuffs, collar, button plackets, and with the double on the back yoke. I've cut many plaid ones apart. So it depends on his size, and sleeves. What a sweet thing for your niece to do, and how lovely for you to think of something for his wife, too. That will be treasured.