"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Thursday, July 11, 2019

Coming Commissions

I'm almost through the early stages for the next big commission.    The only real thing left in planning is to find the fabric for the backing and that can wait. 

This will be a t-shirt quilt made from Target t-shirts (yes, as in the store).   I'll cut 15" squares from most of them, and piece a few to get the layout as shown here.   They will be sashed in black Kona, and there will be a narrow border around it in more of the Kona.

Backing will be in a red/black print if I can find one, if not then in black. 

This will finish out at about 89" by 108", so a king-size.    So thankful that the backing is not going to be completely pieced.

Quilt is due by October, so time to start working on it.


And looking like this design might actually make it into reality as a commission......well, I'll believe it when I see it, but more noise is being made about it.

I am thinking that I'll go ahead and start making the blocks for it, so that I can start working on a pattern for it.  This will finish out at approx. 60" by 80".

Gratitudes:
1. Time with a quilting friend over supper last night

2. Job possibilities that occasionally pop up.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I hope that second commission does come through, and it isn't wanted in a month! =) I look forward to seeing the Target t-shirt quilt.

Kate Chiconi said...

Love that little scrappy apple bib, such a clever use of the cutout bits :-)