"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Thursday, February 6, 2020

Designing Patterns......otherwise known as why didn't I take notes.....

Christmas of 2018 I made and gave several cross-body purses for gifts.  I have a niece that is graduating from college this year, and I asked her mom, one of my best friends, what would be a good thing for her.   And she suggested a new one of these because my niece had said that her's is showing the wear and tear after almost two years of use.

These pics were of one of the one that I made for her originally.   Made with silk drapery scraps, linen, and cotton it has worn well for what i'm told has been almost constant use.

Finished size of the purses were approximately 7.5" wide by 9" tall. 

Only problem is that I didn't write down any details of what I did the first time.   Oops...guess what I'll be doing this time around, lol.

Debating on what fabrics to use for the new purse, but do know i'll make it from stash.



Gratitudes:

1. For being able to find a new purse at a decent price (I really hate having to shop for purses!)

2. For surprise pkgs (a lovely journal arrived today)





2 comments:

Susan said...

The first one was pretty, and I'm sure the next one will be even better and prettier. And you'll have notes. =)

Farm Quilter said...

That is a cool bag! Yeah, writing down instructions when you are in the middle of creating interrupts the flow!! I can't wait to see detailed pictures of the new bag!!