"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, February 3, 2020

Recap of Week Finishing 02/02/2020

I was able to get the binding sewn down on all three of these quilts.   Top two are patterns I designed to use odd ball sizes/pieces of some of the many alphabet fabrics that I've collected over the years. 




















This quilt was made with blocks that were from a swap many years ago in an online group that I was a part of at that time.  That group is now gone, but many of us are still connected through FB.



And the final project that I worked was to start my Stretching Art 2020 challenge quilt.  Next up is two-fold - first "sketching" how I want the tree shape to look like, and then, second deciding on the "leaves" and what shape I want to make them. 

I'd started with one idea for the 'leaves' and am now thinking I might go a little more abstract in my shaping of them.

Gratitudes:

1. Elders who listen when needed and give good suggestions on what might be done to.

2. For friends who have good ideas - both on ideas of things I can make from my stash to sell, and for ideas to deal with issues that loom in the future.

2 comments:

Linnie said...

I look forward to seeing what the leaves will be on the tree. Your tree got my attention for some reason.

Susan said...

I like the start on your stretching piece! I recognize the blocks, I think. The alphabets are great use of leftovers!