"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Friday, February 7, 2020

Stash Update, 2/7/2020

I've now tackled the two xerox boxes of novelty prints that I've had and haven't been doing anything with.   I've totally emptied them, sorted through each piece in them, and measured each piece.   Fist box contained 82.889 yds and the second box had 70.639 yds in it. 

Wondering why I measured them?   It's because it is time to check and see how my insurance coverage is on my quilting stuff, actually it is past time.   I should have done it several yrs ago, but haven't had the time.  I'm not going to measure each box, but given most of them are as full as these were I'll use the average of these two as the figure for the remaining boxes when I figure up how much is in my stash for $$ estimation purposes.    And given there is about 40 boxes in my stash, not counting the big totes full of cottons and the under the bed totes full of FQ's you can get a sense of how much that I'm dealing with. 

Some of the cottons are going up for sale online this weekend, here's hoping that they sell w/o a problem.  I'm also considering using some of the bigger pieces to make pillowcases for the triangular support pillows to sell.  One of my best friends has one and she can never find pillowcases for it.

When I say I've got more than some quilt stores that I've been in, I'm really really not joking.   Sigh.....

Fabric Out the first week of Feb - 11.722 Yds
Fabric In for January 20 - None!
Clothing fabrics pulled for donation - 115+ yds
Cotton fabrics pulled for sale/donation - 88.945 yds
Fabric ready to be sent off - none at present, just mailed off some

Total In/Out since January 1st - 28 yds
2020 Goal - 250 yds out of the stash
Remaining to go till goal - 222 yds

Gratitudes:
1. The car battery gave me warning before total failure, giving me time to get it replaced

2. Finally found a new purse that works for me (I hate shopping for purses!)

2 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

ay caramba moira! i can see why you are having so much angst over the size of your stash....i was bad this week myself...but you are ahead of me...lol!

Susan said...

Can't believe you didn't MAKE your purse! LOL - with what time, you might be asking. =) That was a great stash reduction! Yay, you! Did you link up? Since nothing is going out, I don't feel pushed to do a report - and probably won't for a while. Your box arrived today. I wasn't expecting everything that was in there, just the whites. Thank you!