"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Finishes as of 2/18/2020

Several commissions were finished up over the weekend and are ready to go back out into the mail to the appropriate customer.

First up was finishing the repair on this vintage quilt. 

Next up was finishing this fleece dog coat.   Also finished but not shown were sewing together the pre-stamped embroidery blocks that the same friend had asked me to sew together.

 Then it was onto birthday postcards.   Three different types (multiple fabric/embellishment combos).   Have one more pattern drawn up that i'll be making as well, but first I need to get in gear on Easter ones.

Final project was a zippered pouch for a friend.  She'd asked me to make one like the one I'd made years ago for her.....and nope, I didn't have anything written down on it....sounding familiar?  Finished pouch is approximately 14" wide by 11" tall.  12" zipper was used in the bag, and pet screening for the front of the pouch.  I used scraps for the back and quilted them myself.











Front of the bag.   Another scrap was used for the fabric panel on top of the pet mesh.  Pansies are the favorite flower of the friend the pouch is going to.

Inside seams were double stitched and then bound in bias tape so there would be no rough edges for something to catch on.

Gratitudes:

1. For God's provision in the midst of all the financial stress that has enabled me to be 3 months away from paying off the first of my student loans and hopefully able then to pay off another 2 or 3 bills by the end of this year!

2. For winter weather that has not been severe this year (altho that means the bugs haven't been killed!)

No comments: