"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Postcards and Notecards

This last weekend I had planned to make a lot of progress on some of the commissioned work that I have at the moment.  But plans got rearranged when I got a request for 3 Valentine's postcard from a friend, and the same friend said that the nursing home where her DH is wanted some to display.   

Ended up buying background fabrics for them because I didn't like what I had (except the white w/red dots).  rest of fabrics used are from stash and are a combination of cottons and linens.   Leftover backing from a quilt was used as the backs for all.  Laces and rick-rack was all from stash.

In between working on the postcards, I made three over-sized quilted note cards from three orphan CQ Blocks.   The blocks had been given to me by someone who no longer wanted them and I had long debated what to do with them.

The cards range from about 6" square to about 7.5" square or close to square.   I stitched them to the stabilizer using Sulky invisible thread and then edge-stitched them. 
I already have plans for these two cards.  The one with the orange patches had a monogram in the corner with the lace flowers that I removed and put the lace on instead.

Gratitudes:
1: for the rebate visa cards that I found in time to use them before they went out of date.

2. For being able to buy groceries and new crockpot that don't normally fit in the budget worth over $100 for about $9 out of pocket.


2 comments:

Susan said...

I thought I had commented on this post, but maybe that was on IG. LOL All of this is hard work is going to pay off. You're making such beautiful things.

Farm Quilter said...

Pretty cards and postcards! Congratulations on the Visa cards and the crockpot!!!