"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Starting off this week......

....I have two projects in the works so far this week.

The first up is this commission - repairing this vintage Sun Bonnet Sue quilt.

The friend this is for has 4 dogs, and one of them gets very nervous during storms and fireworks.   And when she does then she 'digs'.   This time she dug a hole in this quilt.
 Two holes were the result of the digging....all the way through the quilt.

I've put a piece of batting underneath the holes and have appliqued a piece of muslin over them on the back (yes, by hand).

Next up is digging thru the stash to see if I can find a solid that is similar in color to the hat that was there.   Plan is to cut one out that is just a little larger and then hand-applique it on and  do the embellishing to match what's already there.








Second project I'm working on this week is putting together 12 UFO blocks that were made by people in my Sunshine quilt group.  I've had the blocks for at  least 3 yrs, so it's time to use them.     This will go to one of Sunshine's groups when finished.


Gratitudes:

1. For the encouragement from actually finding a job I could submit for....now for the patience to wait till I hear back on it and for God to work in the situation if that is his will.

2. For the blessing of friends who take GC's that were paid forward to them and then give them to me as a blessing.

1 comment:

Farm Quilter said...

My daughter's dog chewed a quilt I made for her...she needs to send it to me and I can only hope I still have the fabric to repair it! I may be reaching out for advice from you! Please show pictures of the repairs you make! Praying for the job!!