"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

2020 Goals

It's a new year and there's always a division on whether you should make resolutions or not.  I don't set resolutions, but do tend to have goals for the year in terms of what I want or need to accomplish. 

I track what I do every year in a spreadsheet with different pages - completed projects, commissions, UFO's, thread used, and gifts are just a few of them.  To help keep me organized this year and hopefully manage to do more things for myself and/or for gifts, instead of basically only doing commissioned work I've set up a page in my quilt spreadsheet to track what needs to be done in three basic areas.  I'll be the first to admit that I'm easily distracted by new ideas and projects, so I'm hopign this helps me stay focused on getting things done.  The three sections I've started with here are goals for me and/or gifts, goals for the commissions I already have or that are coming in, and goals for things around the house and working to make things easier to deal with.


Goals for my projects and / or gifts:




This is a 2019 RxR kit that I want to get made up into a wall-hanging for my kitchen this year. It still needs to be added to the list above.

Next up tho is getting the pillowcase and sweatshirt finishes up because those are belated Christmas gifts from 2019....oops....sigh.









Commissioned Projects
This area will always be a work in process.   One line already needs to be split into three, and fabric has been ordered (and shipped) for the Owl quilt.


Goals for around the house:

Also to be added to this section is designing a pattern for a bowl cozy for a 9" by 13" pan (requested) and then writing up a pattern for it as well as making some to sell.  I also need to add in to research where things like the clothing fabrics that I no longer want can be donated to.   I've gotten some ideas but need to research and make some contacts to actually find what groups/schools will actually take donations.


Just one pic of the mess I need to deal with and actually get into a workable system.  This mess is all the remnants that I've bought over the last 4 yrs or so and then never put up.  Time to deal with them!  And then once the table is cleaned off I can work on other projects.

Some of these remnants will be used as test pieces for the pattern I need to get designed (it's in my mind), others maybe used to items to sell.


I'll also say that the biggest goal of all for this year is not actually on any of the lists...........that's to find a job where I can expect to be paid on a regular basis (and actually experience this!).  So if that happens and/or I end up moving again things could change in a flash.....lol.

Gratitudes:
1. For the long-overdue new glasses that will soon be here.  Hoping they make my life better!

2. For the weather that is warmer than the norm at this time of the year.....now if only the cedar pollen would die down.......

1 comment:

Susan said...

Whew! For a minute there, when you said goals around the house, I thought I was going to have to try to keep up with your organizing stuff! LOL Looks like plenty of good record keeping there to keep you straight on the road.