"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Stretching Art 2020 - An idea is 'born'

The theme this year for the Stretching Art challenge is "Community" and what it means to each person that is taking part in the challenge.   I've turned different thoughts over in my mind as to what that meant to me and how to depict the same in a quilt.

Last week I did some searching online for images of 'community' and people.   These are some of the ones that stood out to me.

This first one was that I really liked the figures in.  However, I don't like the way half of the figure are hidden tho, and overall the layout won't work in the 18" wide by 36" tall size.

Saw this image and thought maybe something like this might work.
I like this image the best (well at least the tree trunk), and think something along these lines would work best in the size/shape constraints.

So my current design thought process is that I'll sketch out something similar for a tree trunk, and then using figures similar to the first image fill the "leaves" of the tree in.   I'll need to adapt the arm positioning of the figures of the top image to work in the tree......but I think it'll work.


Gratitudes:
1. For the community of friends that I have and all that they mean to me.

2. For getting to leave work early yesterday.

1 comment:

Farm Quilter said...

Ohhh, I can't wait to see what you create!!!