"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

ScrapHappy Day - January 2020

Something a little different today with my ScrapHappy post.  I've finished up two different Cross-Stitch UFO's so far in January.

This was a piece that I made to fit the piece of aida cloth I wanted to use up.  Scraps of floss leftover from assorted finished kits were used to make the top and bottom borders.  The brown was the remaining portion of a skein for DMC 3271 if I recall right.  I don't remember when I made it (maybe 15 yrs ago), but it's been long enough that it  picked up a couple of small spots on the aida - big OOPS there.   One was covered by the finishing fabric, the other has a button sewn on over it.

I used a modified facing technique to finish this and the border fabric covers the back side of the top/bottom border stitching.

This is made to display the collectible enamel pins that can be gotten at various places and shows.
This started out as a rectangular piece of solid cross-stitch.  I just did a free-form design wit many small bits of embroidery floss left over from completed kits.  I debated about making it a pincushion or needle book, and ended up with a needlebook.  Scraps of fabric were used for the pieced lining, and scraps of felt for the pages.


Gratitudes:

1. Safe traffic today as I was driving into work this morning.

2. Getting to have dinner with a friend this evening.

6 comments:

tialys said...

Wow, that is gorgeous, beautiful design and colours.
I don't do cross stitch or needlepoint myself so I'm always in awe of the projects people come up with in that line.

Kate Chiconi said...

So pretty! I'm a huge sucker for a needle book, so I love that, but the display board is so clever, and it's a great way to use up leftover embroidery materials.

onesmallstitch said...

great use of those colourful yarns, needlecases are handy and make good gifts.

Magpie Sue said...

I love this! Well done!

Claire said...

Do you have a lot of pins to display or are you planning to get them? I remember people with pins on their nametag straps at QuiltCon the year I went, but they were more buttons than enamel pins.

Sunny said...

Moira -- the "pin display" is so lovely! I've resorted to a plain black felt banner, so this is spectacular.