"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Unusual Patterns for Quilting

For a while now I've been wanting to make another  scrappy quilt along the lines of what I did with this wolf, and the other scrappy tops that I've made (flamingo, dogs, and cats).   I'e especially wanted to do more that were not so frilly or childish so that if someone wanted to give them to a man then that would be a doable thing.

One of the designs I've been thinking about was a deer.   My only problem in actually getting one made has been finding a graph that was small enough to make a quilt that was doable in size.


I think I've figure out a way to do it.   I found this ornament in the after-Christmas holiday sale at Joann's.  My plan is to take and lay it over a piece of 10 sq/in graph paper and trace the outline.   I'll then be able to take and use that as a pattern.

















I also found this cross-stitch as that  I'm planning to use as a pattern.

I do have some cross-stitch patterns, but they are larger in count and I'd have to make the squares used smaller.   One of them tho I really like, so I might break down and do it.

Gratitudes:
1. for things I can use to make quilting patterns

2. For free charts that can be used for quilts.

No comments: