"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Friday, January 18, 2019

A quilt for me

I've been collecting snail print fabrics for a while now to use in a quilt for myself.    I've a small stack (ok, small for me) of about 25 or so different novelty prints with snails on them that I've been planning to use - the right side of the small tote shown here.

The task now will be to make blocks with these fabrics that will






This is the completed block that will be the first one in the eventual finished quilt.    Finished size of this block is 27" wide by 18" tall.   Made with scraps.

Gratitudes:

1. I didn't end up in the hospital again......

2. Once showing no signs of how low my platelets truly are.

4 comments:

Farm Quilter said...

What a great snail pattern!! I can't wait to see what you do with the snail print fabric!!!

Suze said...

I can hardly wait to see your quilt for yourself. I don't remember ever seeing fabric with snails. Of course, that is not something for which I was looking either. I adore the block which you have already made. I just awakened so it took me a second to realize what it is.
Great job with the block and glad you are not in the hospital. I've been having fun visiting some of your friends.
Susan

Susan said...

Collecting for a long time! I'm excited to see how that works out. The block looks even better on your blog. =)

e said...

That is a really cute block. Were the snail prints hard to find? Excited that you are making a quilt for yourself!!