"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Thursday, January 31, 2019

Commission Progress

Pillows #4 & 5 are now done.  I've got three more t-shirts that I think my customer wants as pillows, but am waiting to hear back from her on them before making them up.


Next up are the stockings to be made from this Wrangler twill shirt.  It's a 3X size or thereabouts.  Only the fronts of the stockings will be made from the shirt.
And this is what I'm left with after cutting out all that I can.  I have a couple of large "chunks" to piece together to form one final piece of fabric big enough for a stocking front.  Where I can I'm going to use the cuff's and button placket to add a bit of embellishment to a couple of the stockings. 


Gratitudes:

1. For the great sales that I've been able to take advantage of in order to pick up supplies for this project at a good price.

2. For the "warm" weather down here in TX compared to what the midwest is having to deal with this week.

2 comments:

Farm Quilter said...

You and I are blessed, weather-wise! Northern Australia is experiencing horrible flooding (the rain is coming down at a rate of 8 inches every 6 hours), southern Australia is on fire, the Midwest here is freezing...and I have a storm due to hit tonight and last for most of the next week. I'll take the rain/snow we are to have, because the good Lord knows we need the water and it certainly won't be as cold as the Midwest has been having to deal with. Loving your pillows - they are great!! I can't wait to see what you do with the stockings!!

Susan said...

The pillows look better than I would ever have thought t-shirts would! Maybe I should have you make one from my favorite (and only) t-shirt of Paul's from the day someone spilled hot coffee on him in Durango. I love it as a shirt, but it will last longer as a pillow. The stockings are going to be fun to watch growing. Great colors for it, too.