"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, January 21, 2019

UFO Weekend Part 2 - London Tea Towel Quilt is Done

Finished off 2 UFO's on Monday, one of which I can't post a pic of yet.   But the second one was my London tea towel quilt. 

Most of the fabrics in the pieced and appliqued blocks were from ones that I bought at Spencer & Marks while there in London in 1997.  Red flange is by Hoffman fabrics and the scrappy cream tonal background fabrics in the blocks are assorted ones that I've collected over time.  All applique designs are mine.  All total 29 different fabrics are in the quilt.

 Arrows are an adaptation of the London Roads quilt block, and a silhouette of Queen Elizabeth who i got to see arrive for a special commemorative service at St Paul's Cathedral while I was there.
 London Houses of Parliament, flying geese from London fabric, and a British flag.
 Buckingham Palace, St. Paul's Cathedral, a Pearly Snowflake for those Pearly costumes of London.
 The Underground sign, Buckingham Palace guard, a block that I can't remember what design it was from, and a double decker bus.
 Telephone Booth, Buckingham Palace guard, British flag, and the Admiralty Arch.
Two pieced blocks are the London Square block pattern.  Scenes from Westminster Abbey and the Tower Bridge.


Gratitudes:
1.  For the long weekend during which I was able to get a lot of quilting done.

2. For the part-time job working here at home that I've been able to start that will bring in a wee bit of money.

3 comments:

Karrin Hurd said...

What a great quilt with great memories. Excellent work Moira!

Farm Quilter said...

So many memories in that quilt...love it!!! Yay for the new job...every little bit helps!

Susan said...

It's so nice to see this finished. What a wonderful time you had, just from your description of the quilt.