"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, January 28, 2019

Weekend Progress

I had a meeting on Saturday that took most of my time for the day, but was still able to get a little bit of the weekends to-do list done.   First up was a bit of grocery shopping at Walmart, where I happened to catch these goodies in the clearance carts as I walked in the door.

I don't normally buy fabric there, but the quality was decent and for only a quarter I couldn't resist.   And $5 for a cutting mat was a bargain as well.   If nothing else it will make a great quilty gift at some point.

Next up was starting the big commission that I have at present.  The memory pillows are first up, and the first pillow features a scene from the front of a 3X t-shirt.  14" pillow form used for pillow.
Pillow back made with the bottom edges of the t-shirt front & back.  Grain of fabric turned 90 degrees from front to reduce stretch.    Using the shirts like this not only means I reduce the amount that goes into the trash after cutting, but also means I save time in not having to hem the back sections. 
Pillow made with the back of the first t-shirt.  Back made like above.
Pillow 2 - scene from front of shirt.  back made in the same way as above.

Two more pillows to come from another t-shirt from Alaska.  There will be another pillow with the same panel as the one with the outhouse, and then a different scene from the front of the shirt.

Also worked on this weekend were getting the blocks made (sewn and trimmed to size) for a Mystery QAL that I'm doing with three other friends.  We're starting with the same FQ, and then the mystery comes in how each of us actually use them.  Unveiling is supposed to be sometime in the next couple of weeks I think.....lol.   Not sure, need to check on the date.  I plan to get the top together this week.


Gratitudes:

1. That I had enough meds to make the weekend since the pharmacy never got the prescriptions last week that they should have.

2. For how almost problem free the new PT work has been, and for the little bit of income that will come from it.

3 comments:

e said...

Love these. Who would have thought you could but a motorcycle in Alaska!!

Farm Quilter said...

Amazing way to make pillows!! Would you do a step-by-step tutorial the next time you make one? My motorcycle-riding daughter was supposed to be stationed in Fairbanks...she would have had a really hard time riding there since she loves her warm weather so much!

Susan said...

The pillows are fabulous, and getting 3 from one huge shirt is a bonus. I'm glad you were able to work on some of these things in spite of the long Saturday doing other things. Great buys at Wal-Mart, too. The mystery reveal is end of February for us. =) End of March for the other group. Did you get fabric in the mail?