"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, December 30, 2019

Phoenix Trip, final part

There was one final stop by one of the the second hand stores here to see what was on the 75% off Christmas rack.

Final scores were a mini Santa candle holder, a snowmen tea light holder missing the shade (will remove the metal form) and this divided dish.
 This mini wall-hanging was quilted.  A matching green thread was used on the green, and a sulky invisible thread on the rest of it (which I happened to find in the bag of thread I had with me, and don't remember putting in there!).

Two fabrics on the left I found in a final quilt shop stop.   Part of the snails have been used as the backing on the wall-hanging above, and the fabric on the right will be used as the binding for it.
 My friends know me well.....these were three ornaments that I received as gifts from a  couple of friends here.

Love them all, and the gnome riding the snail is so cute.  =)  and that bottom left one so appropriate...lol
This panel had been bought when I was row hopping this past summer with a gift in mind.   It was quilted while out here and is ready for binding.

 Backing used for the coffee wall-hanging.   Cross-hatch quilting done from the back following the lines on the fabric.
 One more elephant stuffed animal was completed using the material from the grey plaid shirt.   My dapper little gentleman now has a girl friend.....now if I could only think of names for them.


 Gratitudes:
1. Being able to relax and visit with as many friends as I was able to (rain and cooler/cold weather not withstanding).

2. For the drive back and what will hopefully be a good drive.


1 comment:

Susan said...

Wally and Wilma? LOL They are adorable. Lots of final goodness from Phoenix!