"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, December 2, 2019

Raw Materials and Second Hand Stores.


After getting a couple of pay checks on Friday, I treated myself to going by a thrift store I hadn't been too for a couple of years. 

Found a bunch of shirts in nice colors and great shape.  All of these will end up in critters for sale.

And found a few pieces for pin cushions....altho the at the bottom center of the pic I didn't realize that a couple of the flower petals were broken till after I got home.  =( 


Have fabric picked out for the creamer, and the candle-holder at the bottom right is already finished. 

These will be listed for sale once i'm finished making them.

Gratitudes:

1. Vacation is coming and Phx is calling my name.

2. I'll soon see friends that I haven't seen for a year.

3 comments:

Farm Quilter said...

Yay for paychecks, great finds at the thrift store and vacations!!!

Susan said...

I'm so happy you are getting to go to Phoenix! I hope the other checks come in, by a miracle. I'll bet you can do something creative with that heart, even with a couple of broken leaves. Is there a way to sand off the raw edges of the breaks? Maybe there's a leaf bead that could be added? You'll figure out something! I had to laugh to think that going to the thrift store was a treat, but it is for me, too. LOL

e said...

I love going to the thrift store. You have some great finds and i love the bear with his little neck tie. My last two visits have garnered flannel sheets that i am going to use as backings for future quilts. Thanks for being so inspiring.