"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, December 30, 2019

2019 Year End Review

Most years previously I haven't done a year-end review to look at what I accomplished over the year, but this year because I did so many things that were commissioned or for sale it has seemed like I didn't manage to get anything accomplished for myself.

So here goes -

Commissions and for sale:

Christmas Stockings - 50
Pillows (14", 16", 18" and custom sized) - 27
Totes - 7
T-Shirt Quilts - 1 King, 1 Twin/queen
Purse - 1
Quilted Postcards - 11 commissioned, lots for sale
Teddy Bears - 22
Assorted Stuffed Animals - 3
Ornaments - 18
Garment Alterations - 18
Bowl Cozies - 15
Potholders - 4

total Commissioned - 164 individual items

Gifts -
2 Kitchen Towels
1 mini wallhanging
3 cross-body purses
2 sets of pillow cases
2 pincushions
6 bowl cozies

For myself:
3 UFO's quilted (supposed to go to someone who lost their home in a wildfire, but after a yr may not sigh) - still need binding
Finished the Hankies Wallhanging made from my grandmother's hankies - woohoo
Finished the top for my snail quilt
three wool Ornaments in preparation for writing up patterns for them

Not a lot for myself.....but the extra income sure helped a lot this year.

Next year is shaping up to be just about as busy with a bunch of commissioned stuff already ordered and on hand.  I do hope to do a bit more for myself next year....but time will tell if that happens since one of the things I need to do is find a job that provides a stable, consistent income.

Gratitudes:
1. For the safe, and speedy travels today.
2. For the beautiful weather on today's drive.

2 comments:

Susan said...

It's an impressive list of accomplishments for one year, no matter who it benefits. I do hope you have more time for your own sewing this year, but I also hope the commissions keep coming while you need that work to make ends meet.

K Reeves said...

That's a lot of commissioned work! Hurrah for you, though I do hope you have the opportunity for some personal sewing this year!