"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Mystery Fabric QAL Reveal



Three of my quilting friends and I have been working on a mystery Quilt-A-Long.  The mystery part comes in the form of all of us working with the same FQ of fabric, and then doing whatever we wanted to with it.

For my quilt, I decided to use this panel as the base for my quilt.








The mystery fabric is the one that my friend Susan used in her pillow here .   And it matched up perfectly with the lightest blue in the novelty fabric above.
After cutting the squares apart, I bordered them out so that I could square them up to 10" finished.   Then made the 4 extra blocks I needed with assorted WOW's and the mystery fabric.   When finished this will most likely be donated somewhere.



Gratitudes:

1. Weather is starting to look a wee bit better after a really bad evening T-Storm earlier in the week.

2. The PT job is going well and bringing in a wee bit of money to help pay the bills off.

2 comments:

Farm Quilter said...

Fun quilt! Using a panel in a quilt can be quite the challenge - I've always found them to be wonky and a bit of a struggle to get then squared up, even with individual borders to enlarge them. What color is the challenge fabric? On Susan's pillow it looks mint green but on your quilt it looks like light blue. Either way, it is pretty and a great quilt!

Susan said...

What a charming quilt that turned out to be! I like the way you used the mystery FQ. Great idea!