"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, February 25, 2019

Weekend Sewing Wrap-up

Got a fair bit done over the weekend, some of which started from doing some straightening up in the room (the dining room area) where I do all my sewing. 

First up was this little mug rug made from a free kit that I'd picked up 18 months ago on what is called a "Mug Rug Run" by 5 different quilt shops over in Arlington TX.    The fabric was included in the kit for both the front and back.  I added a piece of fusible fleece for batting, and then birthed it to put it all together.  It's approximately 4" by 6" finished size if I remember right.  It will end up a gift for someone at Christmas time.




Next up was putting together these blue equilateral triangles that I'd had leftover from one of the few quilt classes (was one by Karen Combs) I've ever taken.  My friend Tracey who used to live in TN shared the fabric she'd hand-dyed for the class because I hadn't understood that I needed three shades of one color for the class.  These were leftover from the project.  I've put them together in this snack mat that is about 9" by 15" at this point.   Am debating whether to square off the ends or to bite the bullet on the binding and leave as is.   Also thinking about whether to embellish it any....


Next up was this denim tote bag that will be going to a longtime friend.   Denim and webbing for straps were from my stash.  Front pocket started with an orphan block and scrap fabric for the lining, fusible fleece for the batting in it.



Finally was the next snail block.  Orphan block used for the shell.   Scraps used for the body of the snail.  Someone gave it to me, but I don't remember who.  I think probably one of my friends from the Quilt Chicks list.  Finished size is 12" by 15". 


Gratitudes:

1. For the commissioned order that I'm continuing to work on - ultimately just it will bring in as much money as I made all of last year with my sewing.

2. Warmer and dry weather this week before the chill coming next week.

1 comment:

Farm Quilter said...

Love your snail!! On your triangles, you could trim off one side and sew the pieces you cut off onto the other side to make it "square"!! What fun to go on a Mug Rug Run and get free things to make mug rugs with! Someone will be happy with their mug rug at Christmas!