"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Weekend progress

First pair of denim overalls have been cut up into Christmas stocking fronts for the commission I'm working on, the scraps pieced into pieces big enough to get more fronts out of, and combined with stocking fronts from a grey t-shirt for yet more fronts.

These 7 stockings have been completed - top left is pieced from the larger scraps of the denim overalls, the others have a base front from a t-shirt, and then have either pockets, the top section of the front bib or scraps appliqued onto the knit.

 Made this quilted postcard for a commission.  Flowers were an orphan block someone had given to me.
 These 4 quilted postcards were made with orphan string-pieced bits of fabric.  The sun bonnet sue girls were reclaimed from a tissue box cover that I found several yrs ago in a thrift store.

And I've started pondering how to finish off my improv blocks.  I've rearranged them since taking this pic, but it at least shows them all together.


Gratitudes:

1. For finding the fabric needed to continue working on the commission.

2. Spring is coming and I've got a mower thanks to a friend.......I need it now!    lol

2 comments:

Suze said...

You have been busy. The stockings look great. I had a mower given to me a few years ago. My son used it when he lived with me. Now, I have to pay a neighbor to mow the yard again since I son moved away again. It was a nice gift and used while he was here. I was I had the strength and stamina to mow my yard and I just don't. It's great that I have a reliable neighbor who does it for me and is reasonable. Praise God for those who are caring for you. Hope things are going as well as can be expected for you - especially your health and finances. I don't know what else for which to pray for you specifically.

Farm Quilter said...

Beautiful stockings and your postcards are fabulous! Love your improv blocks and I'm interested to see how you are going to set them...sashing, sashing with cornerstones, or just all together! Hmmm, sashing that are all different sizes or different sizes for the horizontal vs. vertical?? Lots of ideas!! Praying you are doing well and have the energy you need to be creative after work!