"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, February 11, 2019

Orphan Block clean out


Couldn't sleep again today, so I went  through my orphan blocks and block parts in looking for something for a project that's percolating in my mind for a blog hop that i signed up for.

I weeded this pile of orphan blocks and block sections out as I was looking for what I wanted and they are in a box to give away.  I finally convinced myself that I don't need to keep all of them, esp. the stuff that I have no idea what to do with.

What is left I have an idea of what to do with them.   And the smaller ones probably will end up as filler blocks on my snail quilt.
Not sure who gave me these orphans, but I'm going to sash them out to a common size (10" I think to match the green star block under them), and then planning on putting them into a little quilt for one of the Hands 2 Help charities this year.   Not sure tho what color to sash with, maybe navy kona?
Over the weekend I got asked to make a quilted postcard for someone who is getting ready to celebrate her 90th BD.   Was told she likes blues, flowers and pansies. 

This had been given to me by someone who had been on a CQ list I'm on several yrs ago and I'd never figured out what to do with it.   I think that flower in the center looks much like a pansy.......so it will be the start of the postcard.

This is the second new commission received this weekend.   Not big, but every little bit helps.




And yes, I did find what I was looking for - these strips sets from scraps that I plan to use to test an idea that is in my head.  Just need to print out the PP pattern so that I can start working on it.  =)


Gratitudes:

1. Thankful to only work 2 miles from where the hematologist's office is after getting a call this morning telling me that the appt I thought was tomorrow was really this morning....sigh.......

2. That I was able to get my food prep for the week done over the weekend so that if I don't feel up to cooking on Wed after the infusion I don't have to worry about it.

2 comments:

Farm Quilter said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who gets the days of appointments mixed up. I went to a funeral last Friday, only to find out that it is this coming Friday! My dentist's office has called me a few times when I didn't show up when expected for an appointment...ugh!! Since I have learned how to use the calendar function on my phone, this has been better, but it still helps when I have the dates correct!! Yay for more commissions!! Praying for you...hope you keep feeling well and have enough energy to do what you need to get done!!

Susan said...

Gosh, you have a lot going on. I love that embroidered block, particularly. Navy blue would work or maybe gray of some kind. I'm excited to see how those last blocks fit in.