"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Friday, February 15, 2019

Planning out the Layout for the Snails

As I've managed to make 9 snail blocks so far, I decided that it's time I started thinking about how I wanted to lay the blocks out.


To help think about how I wanted to lay things out, I drew rectangles to scale to represent the sizes of the blocks that I've been making. 

This is what I came up with for a rough sketch of the size top I need for my bed - approximately an 80" by 100" top with no borders on it.  Colored blocks show the ones I's still need to make, pinky areas are were I'd have to fill in with filler blocks.

Lots of blocks would still be needed if I were to make it totally with out borders since I like it to hang down the side of my bed, and I tuck it under the mattress at the end of the bed because I toss and turn at night.

Or I might do something like this so I just have filler blocks at the bottom where I tuck it in.


What ever way I decide to go, I do plan to do it in panels so that it is easier to handle.

Gratitudes:

1. For savings to use for bills when paychecks don't come through when they should.

2. For being able to say "It is well with my soul" and mean it no matter the circumstances in my life

2 comments:

Magpie Sue said...

Oh, that's going to be CUTE when it's eventually complete!!!

Suze said...

As always wonderful gratitudes. I wish I could always say, "It is well with my soul." Right now I am back in that place and it is wonderful. My son, his fiancee and his two children came and are spending the night. My five year old granddaughter crawled up in my lap and fell asleep in my lap for the first time in a long, long time and was calm and I think she may have fallen asleep. It was heavenly. She got up and got her BIG Dora doll and put with us. She then grabbed my hand and was very, very content. Then when she got ready for bed. She gave me Dora and she got a stuffed frog with which to sleep. A good friend which is an "auntie" to the kids came over and we played games with the kids. What a wonderful evening. The big kids went to the grocery store for me and used his discount at Walmart and stocked my frig with Boost and diet pop. What a great diet I'm presently using. LOL It's sustaining me at the moment.