"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Modern Quilt Guild Michael Miller Challenge

I'm no stranger to having quilts shown in special exhibitions at quilt shows that aren't judged, but I've never submitted one in competition.  That tho is going to change.  The Modern Quilt Guild has a challenge for the members that wanted to take part. 

They supplied fat-eighths of the fabrics shown in the figure below.  In the finished quilt must be a minimum of 2 of the three hash dot  fabrics, and the peach cotton couture.   Those taking part can add any of the solid cotton couture fabrics that were wanted.


These are the fabrics I'm going to end up using in my quilt.


And my tentative design for the quilt -


There are some changes that will be made to this still, but the basics are there.  A lot of quilting compared to what I normally do, but stretching is a good thing.

Gratitudes:
1. that the design and quilt motifs have come together easily on this one.

2. For finding the remaining things I'd been missing....altho now I'm missing a tote of quilt blocks....sigh

1 comment:

Susan said...

The tote will turn up. You're making a nice big one. I'm still thinking doll quilt. LOL