"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, September 3, 2018

Quilt Challenge

the Modern Quilt Guild is hosting two different challenges this year with the resulting quilts to be displayed at QuiltCon next year.  And I decided to participate this year.

Finished quilts are due by the end of October so I need to get busy on this.

These are the fabrics that we have to use in the quilt.  Rules say that we have to use at least the peach solid, and 2 of the other three fabrics.   I've decided which fabrics I'm going to use.



Possible layout #1 - easy to put together, only 11 blocks to pp.........but quilting isn't my strong point so all that open space intimidates me........




















Layout possibility #2 -


Same block, just in multiple sizes.  I think I can come up with a better quilting plan for this one...downside though is that I would have to hand draw some of the pp'd block patterns because of the size needed to make this.   And putting the top together would take more fiddling to get it fit together correctly.

Decisions, decisions........



Gratitudes:

1. Having a backup laptop that I can use to listen to the radio on since the speakers on my main one are on the way out and not replaceable.

2. For the provision of the wood that I wanted for shelving and for the son of good friends who helped prep it for me.

3 comments:

Paige said...

I'm rather fond of layout #1! What if you experimented using more of the same size blocks and slightly less negative space? I really think you are on the right track! I have yet to come up with a concrete design!

Lana said...

I like layout #1. Very attractive!

Susan said...

Either one will be wonderful. Either one will be work. =)