"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Monday, September 10, 2018

UFO's Coming together

there are times when I'm easily distracted.........started to look for something over in my shelves.   Didn't find what I was looking for but did come across two sets of UFO blocks that were ready to be sewn together.

First UFO that I worked on was this set of swap blocks from a long ago online group of quilting friends.  I'm  not sure how many years ago the swap was, but probably 10 yrs at least.

Blocks are 9" finished size and made with various batiks.  The border fabric and the light pink were supplied to everyone from me, the coordinates were supplied by those who made the blocks.

Finished size of the top is 40" by 60".

The scraps of the light pink batik that had been returned to me formed the "quilt seeds" for a swap block that I also made this weekend but can't show on the blog yet.

Next up was this set of Swap blocks, also a UFO.  Blocks came from a swap with the same group of online friends as above.  And again I'm not sure how many yrs ago the swap was.

I sashed them all out to 12" finished to deal with some size differences.  Sashing strips were all from scraps.  Finished size is 40" by 60".

Both of these will probably sold once finished.


Gratitudes:
1. For the wonderful soaking, rains over the weekend.

2. For the encouragement and prayers of friends in the midst of troubles at work.

3. For friends who fix up things to sell, and hold on to what I need till I can afford to pay them for it - in this case an electric mower.  =)

No comments: