"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Thursday, September 20, 2018

UFO Weekend Starts Today

I'm in an online group that works on UFO's 8 hrs one weekend a month.  This month the weekend is today through Saturday.  I was originally supposed to go out of town with a half day of vacation tomorrow, but my budget and circumstances changed plans for me.  As a result I'll be staying home and will work on UFO's along with the myriad of other things I've got going on as well.

I started my UFO work this morning and did the quilting on this snack mat.   The cross-stitch piece was done back in early summer 2016 when I made a trip out to see my friend Susan.

Binding will be from the scraps that I have left of the green.

Also on the books for working on this weekend -

-- Get a baby quilt needed for a gift quilted (long-arm machine has been giving me fits on it), if it still does then baste it and pull off machine and quilt on domestic machine.
-- Get commissioned quilt loaded onto machine to it can be quilted
-- Make progress on long-delayed commissioned passport wallets
-- take foot pedal for machine into shop to see what issue with it is

Gratitudes:
1. Yard has been mowed and looks much better

2. My platelets, while down considerably, are not critical so no meds to bring them up at this point

1 comment:

Susan said...

Lots of good stuff going on for your UFO weekend. I couldn't work yesterday, but I am quilting today and tomorrow, and probably more than 8 hours, if I'm lucky. I'm looking forward to just sewing, and no interruptions. I even turned the sound off my phone!