"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Saturday, September 15, 2018

September Block of the Month - Fran and her Design Wall

September's BOM has been released. 

Meet Fran who has been busy making her quilt blocks and is now arranging them on the design wall at the quilt retreat.

This bear was named after a dear friend who passed away several years ago.  Fran loved to make small blocks, and I thought of her as I was piecing the 1.5" quarter-square triangle blocks on the design wall.
And this is the setting that I used to put my blocks together into a finished top. 


You can find the pattern for the applique block and the setting for the wall-hanging here on my Craftsy page.  The bear pattern will be free till the middle of October, and the setting pattern will remain free after that.


Gratitudes:

1. For the rain received today - even if it meant not being able to have my yard mowed.

2. For the gift card that I was able to use to pay for part of the shelving hardware that I bought for the house.

5 comments:

Susan said...

Such a cute block, and such a wonderful quilt idea!

Suze said...

What a great finish to the sewing bear quilt! I don't post a response to your blog posts and I read the emails I get - I think every time I receive one. I enjoy seeing all your finds in the scrap bin. And, I love seeing all your creations. I love seeing your gratitudes and I'd like to suggest one and hope it doesn't offend you. Yesterday you posted that it was cloudy and the son was shining. Maybe: the SON is shining. If that is not your belief, I hope you are not offended. Personally, it helps me to remember that. I want you to know that your blog posts are being read.

Sharon Aurora said...

Awe! Sweet! Thank you so much, Moira. I love love love your bears.

Joyce Carter said...

Thanks so much Moira!

Karrin Hurd said...

Cute block and what a way to remember Fran! She would have loved it!